Shabby background

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Held in Awe

For Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and He is to be held in awe above all gods. (1 Chronicles 16:25) This verse struck me tonight, after the line of other verses preceding it. I wonder because what do I hold in awe above God? I was thinking along those lines tonight as I sat talking with some friends about ministry and having the time in college to devote to working to specifically spread knowledge about Christ. In early years I thought I was on earth to enjoy life and soak up all it had to offer. Then in more recent years I've adopted this I'm here in college to study and have a little fun on the side for sure mindset. But you know? That's still not why I'm here. Sure I can glorify God in my studies- that's a common misconception that I don't think we all realize- that in ALL things we can glorify God. But I'm not here to study, I'm here to Glorify God. That means allowing Him to reign and control time. Control the hours in my day to devote toward where He would have me be, not where I think is best. Am I holding in awe getting an A in that class over Glorifying God? Am I holding in awe trying to hang out with friends as much as possible over being where He would have me? There are so many things that are great things to do but still can be held in awe above God if we are not totally looking to him for our daily necessities- right down to the core details of what to do with each moment we have. Seek the Lord and His Strenth; seek His Presence CONTINUALLY! (vs.11)

No comments: