Shabby background

Monday, September 08, 2008

Against the Flesh

There are people I am not fond of. Among these people, there are those I am not fond of their manners or their demeanor towards people; those that I do not admire their path with the Lord; those that I do not bare resemblance to as a brother or sister in Christ; those that have a strangeness about their spirituality that I cannot shake. The list could go on really, but I don't want to make too many generalities to confuse my readers. There are people I am not fond of, plain and simple.

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places" (Eph 6:12).

Satan uses bodies and humans to infiltrate ministry opportunities for evil. He uses able minded people that sound good on paper and in speech to come in and wreck things. He creates tempers and resentment to bring about problems and fights among Laborers. I came upon this truth tonight as I contemplated someone I am not particularly fond of. But here's what I realized- Satan uses humans in their humanness to sabotage ministry AND he also makes it so that those able minded souls against these foreign thoughts coming in become useless. He distracts the true believers from fighting the infiltrating evil and turns them to fight flesh and blood. We get caught up in disagreeing with people, we vote people off of ministry teams, we argue in meetings and we talk behind people's backs because we fight flesh and blood and not the rulers, authorities, cosmic powers over this present darkness, and the spiritual forces of evil. They exist. They not only exist, they thrive in most circumstances because they've either fully taken over someone or their distracting people with gossip, pride, criticism and self-righteousness so much so that they leave fantastic people helpless and useless.

Wow, I fight flesh and blood all the time. I can make a person the problem in any situation, but the problem is really that evil is in our midst and fooling one party while distracting the other. Neither is effectively and unrestrictedly serving Jesus. We forget to pray for protection against evil. I'm not criticizing regrouping a ministry and weeding tares out, I'm saying that we, or I, often judge people and target them as the problem. Satan is the propblem. Evil is the problem. Sin in the problem. We get so caught up in fighting against people for superiority that we lose sight of the real battles.

No comments: